Sr Java Streaming Engineer
Ness is a full lifecycle digital engineering firm offering digital advisory through scaled engineering services. Combining our core competence in engineering with the latest in digital strategy and technology, we seamlessly manage Digital Transformation journeys from strategy through execution to help businesses thrive in the digital economy. As your tech partner, we help engineer your company’s future with cloud and data. For more information, visit www.ness.com
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to determine what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on development experience in Java 8/11 (Stream API, Multi-threading, Collections. Profiling) / JEE and Spring MVC / Spring Boot
- Low-latency, high throughput experience using Kafka and NoSQL databases is ideal
- Experience in writing applications for deployment on cloud environment
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker) and preferably, Container Management software (Kubernetes)
- Hand-on experience with Unit testing (Mockito)
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial services experience is a big plus
Employees' perks and benefits:
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits, and other perks
- A successful and growing, multicultural company with a globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses, and much more
- Motivating referral policy
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits
Ness is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.