Software Engineer - Data Integration
We know that people are our "greatest asset". Our staff’s professionalism, innovation, teamwork and dedication to excellence have helped us become one of the world’s leading technology companies. It is these qualities that are vital to our continued success. As a Ness employee you will be working on products and platforms for some of the most innovative software companies in the world. The opportunity to evolve your expertise by using new cutting edge technologies will expand your horizons and create an exciting work environment. You’ll also gain enormous knowledge working alongside other highly skilled professionals that will help accelerate your career progression. At Ness we treat our values of rigor, innovation and partnership with the highest priority and they are placed at the very core of our business — to guide us through our daily operations and interactions with our customers. We offer our employees exciting and challenging projects across a diverse range of industries, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a group of forward thinking, capable partners around the globe.
Its primary areas of business are financial information and analytics. It is the parent company of S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, and S&P Global Platts, CRISIL, and is the majority owner of the S&P Dow Jones Indices joint venture.
Roles and Responsibility
S&P Global ClariFI is a platform for constructing, testing, and deploying quantitative equity strategies, used by Investment Management professionals across the globe.
As a Data Integration Software Engineer, you will be working as part of an agile team and will be focusing on bridging ClariFI and datasets brought in by clients, internal loaders and data sources, and third-party vendors.
What's in it for you:
- Broaden your software engineering skills on a variety of platforms including SQL Server and Postgres, using t-sql and p-sql as your primary languages.
- Develop a deep understanding of equity markets and the data that drives them.
- Work closely with quant researchers and software engineers.
- Develop cloud-based data solutions on AWS.
- Interface with clients, account managers, data sources, and developers to determine the requirements for data integration.
- Interpret requirements within user stories into actionable designs.
- Develop solutions from designs to support requirements using SQL and scripting.
- Optimize solutions for speed, memory, and CPU.
- Provide unit and integration tests of solutions.
- Document the solution for both development and client usage.
- Release new datasets and improvements to current datasets on a monthly release cycle.
- Serve as a subject matter authority on the dataset implementation.
- Develop tools for automation of testing.
- Develop tools for automation of release cycles for on-site, stand-alone, and AWS implementations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or significant experience with financial data.
- Experience in Postgres development is a must, particularly with function deployment and roles and privileges.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience using SQL profilers.
- Familiarity with equity market basics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotel
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits, and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with a globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses, and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits