Senior Python Developer
Financial Risk Analytics at IHS Markit provides products and solutions to financial institutions to measure and manage their counterparty credit risk, market risk, regulatory risk capital and derivative valuation adjustments. Using the latest analytics and technology such as a fully vectorized pricing library, Machine Learning and a Big Data stack for scalability, our products and solutions are used by the largest tier-one banks to smaller niche firms. Our products are available deployed, in the cloud or can be run as a service.
We have a need for an enthusiastic and skilled Python developer who is interested in learning about quantitative analytics and perhaps looking to make a career at the intersection of Financial Analytics, Big Data and Mathematics!
The successful candidate will work on Market Risk solution with a technology stack that is best of breed, involving Python, Pandas, NumPy, Flask, Plotly. They will join a fast paced, dynamic team environment, building commercial products that are at the heart of the business and contributing directly to revenue generation.
As a Lead Python Developer, you will
- Design and implement end to end applications in Python with an emphasis on efficiently writing functions on large datasets.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases and feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Participate in regular design and code review meetings.
- Be a responsive team player in system architecture and design discussions.
- Be proud of the high quality of your own work.
- Always follow quality standards (unit tests, integration tests and documented code).
- Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and enjoy offering new ideas and approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Computer Science and Software Engineering: Strong software development experience.
- 3+ years experience in developing applications using Python.
- Linux/Unix, Git.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Test frameworks.
- Agile and XP (Scrum, Kanban, TDD).
- Effective team player and good at managing timelines.
- Follow relevant technology trends, evaluate new technologies, and use this information to improve the product.
- Take pride in your work and be responsive to clients. Happy clients are an important factor to you.
- You love to solve complex problems, whether that's making the user experience as responsive as possible or understanding complex client requirements.
- You can present your own ideas and solutions, as well as guide technical discussions.
- You can effectively communicate with external clients.
- Your welcoming attitude encourages people to approach you when they have a problem you can help them solve.
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits