Senior Python Developer
Ness Digital Engineering is a global software company on a journey of digital transformation. We design, build, and integrate digital platforms and enterprise software to help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive profitable growth. With over 4000 employees worldwide we are constantly growing the team and improving our long-term business relationships.
As a Sr. Python engineer you will join Practices Org team that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises.
Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
As a Sr. Python Application Developer, you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining and adding features to complex software systems
- Architect and implement new solutions for mission-critical client deliverables
- Work on projects involving machine learning, streaming architectures, data warehouses, and other big data concepts
- Own your software features through the full application lifecycle
All candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another technical field or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years of development experience using Python (a Python coding test will be required)
- 5+ years of experience in software development using languages including but not limited to Python, Java, C#, or C/C++
- Deep understanding of web services and RESTful interfaces
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills to work collaboratively with a globally-distributed team
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- Experience working with Django
- Experience with front-end development, bonus for working with TypeScript and Angular
- Understanding of Capital Markets preferred
- Experience working in a consulting capacity interacting directly with clients
Ness provides to all employees:
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits