Senior Java Developer
Ness Digital Engineering is a global software company on a journey of digital transformation. We design, build, and integrate digital platforms and enterprise software to help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive profitable growth. With over 4000 employees worldwide we are constantly growing the team and improving our long-term business relationships.
As a Sr. Java engineer you will join Practices Org team that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises.
Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
As a Sr. Java Developer, you will:
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements
- Work as part of a software development team
- Write code per app specifications
- Test to ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Analyze user requirements to determine how to translate into Java
- Debug and resolve technical issues
- Make recommendations to existing infrastructure
- Continually engage in professional development
- Develop documentation to track
The strongest candidates will have as many of the following as possible:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another technical field or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years of Java development experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
- Thorough knowledge of Spring frameworks
- Experience with Kafka messaging platform
- Experience with Big Data/streaming platforms such as Spark, Flink, Kafka Streams, and/or Kinesis
- Experience using AWS Cloud (EC2, EKS, EMR, Lambda, S3, etc.)
- Familiarity with containers, micro-services and APIs
- Experience working with different operating systems (Unix, Windows, Linux)
- Deep understanding of web services and RESTful interfaces
- Experience with Git and continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Ability to design, code, test, and deploy software through the full application lifecycle, working closely with Business Analysts to ensure that APIs perform as per user specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits