Kotlin Backend Developer
Bilderlings is a financial services provider building modern fintech solutions. We are one of the UK fintech market leaders, offering fast cross- border payments, multi-currency accounts, and debit cards for private and business clients.
We are currently looking for backend developers with Java experience to help us improve and evolve our products. You will be joining a small, productive development team, where everyone has a say in how we organize our work and engineer our product.
What you'll be working with
- The foundation of our stack is Kotlin/JVM and Spring Boot If you haven't tried Kotlin before, don't worry: it's very quick and straightforward to learn when coming from Java;
- Our backend platform is composed of stateless RESTful web services;
- We use PostgreSQL without an ORM and write native SQL queries with compile-time checking, making full use of its features;
- We run everything in Docker containers and orchestrate using Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform;
- We take testing seriously and have a fully-audited, streamlined CI/CD process that allows us to make daily releases across many projects;
- Although you will primarily be responsible for the backend, we don't limit the preferred scope of work for our developers: if you want to contribute to the frontend or our infrastructure, you can.
- Work from home full time, without any mandatory oﬃce days;
- Optionally, work in a comfy oﬃce in the heart of Old Riga, with a kitchen stocked with drinks, fresh fruit, and other treats;
- Flexible and family-friendly work schedule;
- Health insurance for all permanent employees;
- Culture of knowledge sharing and regular internal workshops;
- A beefy laptop to support the most demanding workloads;
- Setup your working environment however you want.
1. You send us your CV. In your CV we speciﬁcally look for your total years of experience in the industry, your responsibilities at your current or last place of work, and your education. It would be great if you also include a list of technologies you personally enjoy working with;
2. We pick up your CV and invite you to an interview with some of the teammates where you'll be able to tell us more about yourself and ask questions. The interview is conducted remotely over Google Meet;
3. If we feel like you could be a good ﬁt, we invite you to a technical interview in the oﬃce. During the interview we discuss high-level problems and get into low-level details of building web services;
4. We get back to you within one workweek with a ﬁnal verdict.