Java Senior Software Engineer
We know that people are our "greatest asset". Our staff’s professionalism, innovation, teamwork and dedication to excellence have helped us become one of the world’s leading technology companies. It is these qualities that are vital to our continued success. As a Ness employee you will be working on products and platforms for some of the most innovative software companies in the world. The opportunity to evolve your expertise by using new cutting edge technologies will expand your horizons and create an exciting work environment. You’ll also gain enormous knowledge working alongside other highly skilled professionals that will help accelerate your career progression. At Ness we treat our values of rigor, innovation and partnership with the highest priority and they are placed at the very core of our business — to guide us through our daily operations and interactions with our customers. We offer our employees exciting and challenging projects across a diverse range of industries, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a group of forward thinking, capable partners around the globe.
Its primary areas of business are financial information and analytics. It is the parent company of S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, and S&P Global Platts, CRISIL, and is the majority owner of the S&P Dow Jones Indices joint venture.
Roles and Responsibility
S&P Global ClariFI is a platform for constructing, testing, and deploying quantitative equity strategies, used by Investment Management professionals across the globe.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working within an agile team, using a variety of languages and platforms, but primarily focusing on Java. Your role includes design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of product features, including collaboration with other development teams, product designers, and QA.
What's in it for you
- Build the next generation of Investment Management applications featuring advanced time-series computations, simulations, and interactive visualization.- Expand experience with modern Functional Programing techniques and technologies.
- Expand experience with docker and Kubernetes techniques and AWS deployments.
- Gain exposure to quantitative finance, working with a highly-skilled set of product specialists.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain product features.- Work directly with business analysts and product specialists to refine requirements.
- Solve complex, non-routine problems.- Provide post-release support, if needed.
- Write readable, extensible, testable code while being mindful of performance requirements.
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code to deliver defect-free and well-tested code.
- Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
- Adhere to best practice development standards.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4- 7 years of experience as a software developer
- Java proficiency.
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS deployments.
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle.
- Speak and write fluently in English.
- Scala or other functional programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with API deployments.
- Experience with AWS.
- Interest and experience in finance.
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotel
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits, and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with a globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses, and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits