Experienced DevOps Engineer
Ness Digital Engineering is a global software company on a journey of digital transformation. We design, build, and integrate digital platforms and enterprise software to help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive profitable growth. With over 4000 employees worldwide we are constantly growing the team and improving our long-term business relationships.
As a DevOps engineer you will join Bloomberg team that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises.
Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work in a pure AWS environment, with EKS as the main compute platform.
- Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as Hashicorp Terraform, Terragrunt.
- Write, refactor, improve terraform/terragrunt infra and helm charts. Refactor Groovy DSL-based CI to AWS CodeBuild or other similar YAML-based system.
- Help write monitoring and alerting infrastructure and applications using tools such as Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, OpsGenie. We do not a operate a highload infrastructure so our oncall responsibilities are extremely not stringent.
- Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools. Have freedom to implement latest technologies with minimal red tape.
- Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career.
- A bachelor’s degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes.
- Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Familiarity with AWS offerings.
- Kubernetes administration experience, preferably in both cloud-native and self-hosted environments.
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH).
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to learn and work independently if needed.
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- DevOps Engineering in an Enterprise setting.
- Able to read and comprehend Java code.
- Familiarity with JVM tuning, GC internals and/or otherwise optimizing code for batch performance.
- Java, Spring and Java-related build and packaging tooling (Maven, Gradle, Jib, etc).
- Sentry/Xray or some other tracking solution.
- Sonarqube/JFrog Xray/Blackduck/Trivy or some other SCA/security analysis solution.
- Deep knowledge of administering/scaling/maintaining ElasticSearch clusters and/or improving its performance.
- Moving from a distributed monolith to microservices architecture, especially in a Java/Spring-based scenario.
- Ensuring seamless deployments – with backwards compatible and non-destructive SQL migrations (i.e. FlywayDB). Massive bonus points for knowing how to do this with schema migrations in ElasticSearch
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits