♨️ Senior Software Engineer ♨️ [Java or switch to Java]
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer [Java or switch to Java] to join Proof IT team! Since we have two separate business lines, it's up to you to choose which operations are closer to your interests and experience: to work on our own insurance system development or custom software development.
1) Insurance solutions - Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. Our software offers extensive configuration options and can carry out bespoke customization. Tech stack: Java 11 (upgrade to Java 17 in progress), Groovy (business rules), Oracle DB + Apache Solr, REST and SOLR webservices, IntelliJ IDEA, Gradle, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, Fisheye, Artifactory.
- Work on application full-cycle development using and advancing our tech stack.
- Job profile: 60% new features development, 20% maintenance & bug fixing, 10% client support (only during regular working hours), and 10% meetings.
- Produce high-quality code by following clean code principles and test-driven development.
- Participate in analyzing client needs, propose and design solutions.
- Work closely with Project Managers, System Analysts, Developers, QA, and a client.
- Participate in peer code review, pair programming, and R&D sessions.
- Share your suggestions to improve tech, processes, and overall project development.
- Strong knowledge in Java or any other object-oriented language, if you are willing to switch to Java.
- Proven track record of full-stack or back-end development.
- Effective communication and team collaboration skills.
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
- Language requirements: to join the Insurance Solutions team you should be proficient in English, to work with the Custom Solutions team, you should have fluent Latvian and good English language knowledge.
- Salary in a range of EUR 2500 – 5000 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Health insurance from day one (including dentistry, psychosomatic, and out-patient rehabilitation supplementary programs).
- Work completely remote, on-site from our well-located and modern office, or hybrid.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, flexible work arrangements - opportunity to discuss reduced hours (30h to 40h work week), compressed workweek and other options.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within EU/EEA).
- Professional development supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team buildings and annual company celebrations, and paid participation in sports events.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave.
- Flat hierarchy and job autonomy.
- Efficient and flexible onboarding and mentoring process.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! ✨